FLORA FLATBED IN ACTION
– Custom configurable 8 color (CMYK, Lc, Lm, White, & Varnish)
– Highly versatile UV printer with the ability to print on any substrate
– Printing speeds as high as 1,200+ square feet per hour
– Ability to print on materials up to 4 inches thick!
– Full bleed, true flatbed technology
– Available in both 4×8 and 6.5×10 foot configuration
High resolution with brilliant print quality
The Konica Minolta print heads have a small 6 picoliter variable droplet size for excellent resolution and soft gradients. Using 8 to 16 print heads you can expect the finest 1440 dpi and the most brilliant UV printing on the market. For speed, the 2512UV can deliver 1,200+ square feet per hour!
Variable color configuration that’s easily upgradable
The standard 2512UV flatbed system comes with 8 Konica Minolta print heads. The most popular configuration would be CMYK, Lc, Lm, plus White and Varnish (8 print heads). Adding additional print heads (up to 16), for a customized configuration is easy. Some prefer the maximum production setup, which is 4 groups of CMYK. Others enjoy both speed and quality with a group of 12 heads, which is 2 groups of CMYKLcLm. There are many variations and options, the choice is yours…
Dedicated white ink
The FLORA white ink application system is one of the most sophisticated in the industry! Used as a base color, an overcoat, fill color, under spot color, over spot color, and as a standard white only spot color the 2512UV is extremely versatile at using white ink! White ink has become increasingly popular for printing on dark substrates or transparent films and acrylics, and the Flora 2512UV flatbed demonstrates that all white ink applications are not created equal.
A clear varnish can be added to the Flora Konica Minolta ink system and can be used for color highlights, special effects, spot varnish, or unique graphic effects. The only limitation is your imagination. Additionally you can intensify the color and protect a print by using the all-over varnish application. Let your prints shine with the Flora varnish system!
Three layer printing innovation
The Flora 2512UV flatbed printer has the capability to print 3 different layers of ink with a single pass for maximum productivity. Utilizing the three layer system for maximum productivity and exceptional results on specialty substrates, is one way to get the most out of your 2512UV flatbed printer. Get your job done quickly and brilliantly with this fine machine.
Vacuum hold down table
From substrates as large at 4×8 feet, to smaller than 8.5×11 inches the Flora 2512UV flatbed printer has a powerful four zone vacuum table which secures the media for accurate printing. Want to print on a the back of a standard door? No problem. The Flora can print on just about anything, including material that’s 4 inches thick!
Automatic pin registration system
Production and accuracy is improved through the use of Flora’s Automatic Pin Registration System
and a simple three-step process for substrate and media alignment.
- Step 1: Push the Media Preset Button and the alignment pins emerge from the bed surface.
- Step 2: Align the material.
- Step 3: Push the Media Preset Button and the pins are retracted. The PMR system delivers easy
substrate alignment and accurate repeatability resulting in high precision output.
Auto media calibration
A Flora design innovation which allows the printer to detect the distance between the print nozzles and the media surface. Once calibrated, the print heads then automatically adjust the nozzle height to the optimized distance for exceptional printing.
Automatic anti-crash sensor
Maximizing production time will enhance shop workflow. Flora’s print head sensor eliminates costly head strikes due to media or substrate misalignment. This sophisticated safety feature can detect an obstruction on the printing surface then immediately stop the carriage movement to protect the Konica Minolta heads, saving media and ink. The ACS system also allows for maximum uptime.
Auto cleaning system
The smart cleaning system enables the print head nozzles to auto-prime and wipe automatically. This function is accomplished through software settings or on the control panel. Consistent maintenance saves time and money while maintaining reliable print quality and vivid color.
White ink recirculation
The Flora 2512UV flatbed printer offers innovative applications for white ink. White ink’s brilliance is maximized by a reflow system that keeps color particulates in motion. Suspension of these particles ensures maximum color coverage and clarity. Full white ink coverage yields outstanding image results with little maintenance.
- Print Heads 8-16 Konica, Konica ( i ), or Ricoh Gen 5 print heads
- Print Modes Print Modes
- Standard 1,200+ square feet per hour
- High Quality 792+ square feet per hour
- Ultra Quality 576+ square feet per hour
*Printing speed may increase or decrease depending on the print head configuration, dpi, number of passes, etc.
- Technology Piezoelectric inkjet, UV-curable inks
- Ink Types UV-curable, pigment based ink
- Ink Colors Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, White, and Varnish
- Ink Capacity 4 liter (each color)
- Software SAi PhotoPRINT Flora Edition (included), Caldera & Onyx optional Color Management ICC based, adjustment curves, density adjustment
- File formats AI, BMP, EPS, GIF, JPG, PNG, PSD, PDF, TIF, etc.
- Flatbed, sheetfed, and roll feed with optional Roll-to-Roll upgrade kit. True vacuum table and automatic media registration pin system for easy loading and accurate printing set up. Optional pump blower makes it easy to unload media.
- Rigid Media SupportTrue flatbed table support for rigid materials up to 48×96 inches and 110 pounds per square foot.
- Roll-feed media support Optional Roll-to-Roll upgrade kit that supports flexible media up to 96 inches wide, 11.8 inch diameter and 220 pounds in weight. ***Roll option not available on 6.5×10 model.
- ThicknessUp to 4 inches thick!
- Interfaces (standard) Fast USB Port
- UV energy source
- Dual shuttered UV lamps with independent user control of shutters and two lamp power levels
- 15.75 x 8.5 x 4.75 feet (4×8)
- 13.77 x 12.3 x 4.75 feet (6.5×10)
- Shipping 16.5 x 7 x 5 feet
- 2,645 pounds/ 3,527 pounds (shipping weight)
- Temperature 68-86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Relative Humidity 20-80%
- Maximum 7,500 watts
- Required input voltage: 220 VAC, 35 amp, 50/60 HZ, single phase
- One year parts and labor! (excludes consumables)
Extended warranty also available.
Know the facts about Flora...
Flora is one of the top wide format printer manufacturers in the world and is recognized globally as an industry leader in UV printing…
- For over 14 years Flora has been designing and manufacturing wide format printers…
- Flora designs and builds over 20 wide format printer models and sells several thousand printers worldwide each year…
- In 2012 Flora reach a major milestone, selling its 20,000th wide format printer worldwide…
- Flora has been producing wide format printers in the United States under private label for over 10 years…
- Since 2004 Flora has been successfully building UV production printers…
- Flora builds all of their printers in Shenzhen, China right down the road from where the iPhone is manufactured…
- Currently Flora employs over 800 people and that number continues to grow…
- As of 2012, Flora’s manufacturing facility is over 300,000 square feet…
- All Flora printers are build from the ground up in one facility, starting with raw steel…
- All Flora UV printer parts are crafted in-house with the exception of high grade German ink pumps and top of the line Japanese print heads…
- Flora designs & builds printers that are used around the world in industries such as; sign, advertising, novelty, garment, ceramic tile, glass, plastic, industrial, construction, and many more…
- Flora’s focus is on manufacturing affordable, high quality wide format printers only…